Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Notes from Italy,

Last weekend I learned something about the Italian language, food, villages and people.

I think now I can understand the people who claim to love the Italian language a little bit better. What goes beyond a big Ciaaaooo, or a round Buuoongioorno. And even if they speak English, the Italian rhythm is expressing the Italian temper.

Food! From Pizza to Panini, Casconcelli, a piece of meat on a hot stone, Polenta e osei (this is a desert) and of course the Tiramisu – I tried all that… from y culinary perspective the weekend was too short. I still see the menu card in front of me realizing that it won’t be possible to try all the dishes written there, one more inspiring than the other..

Not all Italians are friendly, but some are. I met smiling, helpful and likeable people, as well as ignorant and rude ones.

Villages in Northern Italy are cute and charming. Somehow “old and outdated”, they are perfect in their imperfectness and age.

On the way home I made a stop in Lugano, thought I will enjoy the sunshine before returning to the rainy Rhinevalley. All to my pleasure there was market and an Alphorn concert. This was also the only moment I took my camera out of my bag to take a picture:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aye... I am waiting for the stuff to finish downloading on a friends computer... and then I thought to check out your blog... but what... no update since easter! hope to read news sooon again and your days are not filled only with busy work... hugs from ethiopia