
Here we go, yesterday at 6PM we arrived back again from our 15 day trip around the Tonle Sap Lake. We made 1137.1 km with our bikes on national roads in excellent shape, bumpy roads for the fun, wet roads to realize that we are in the rainy season and finally indundated roads we could hardly drive on, mais on l a fais quand meme!
Passing over the bridge in Phnom Penh I knew that a unique adventure will take an end but not so with what I saw through my eyes. Images will last that is for sure. Before falling asleep I review what I experienced just little time before, I will repass my moments of "bonheur total" I passed with locals, with the scenery and Simon and Jan.
The last three days were rather quiet and we took the time to come back to Phnom Penh. We visited a floating village on the Tonle Sap lake. People live there literally on the water and it is surprising to see how you can get organized without any ground under your feet. There were some small boats serving as little shops, pigs growing in a bamboo cage, collected wood nicely arranged on some trees and finally all the houses on some wooden posts.
We spent one night in Kompong Thom from where we visited some pre-Angkorian temples close by. The following day we went to Kompong Cham and had the change to see their water festival which included some fireworks and many many people on the riverside.
From Kompong Cham back to Phnom Penh it was a big bit of a bumpy road along the Mekong. For one more last time we saw locals stopping their work to see who is passing by. For one more time I saw the surprising reaction of women seing a girl driving a heavy motorbike, for one more time there was a wonderful bumpy road decorated with small bridges, bamboo houses and some marvellous looks on the Mekong River. AND, FOR ONE MORE LAST TIME I HAD SO MUCH DUST IN THE MOUTH, IN MY EYES AND THE NOISE, in short: Everywhere the wind passes by: All over, exactly!


At the end of the day the rain was cleaning our faces and a fresh wind welcomed us for our arrival in Phnom Penh. Wet all over and with swollen hands we arrived in Phnom Penh, and here you go with final picture of THE adventure motorbike tour!


Happy to arrive without any accident, sad to see the adventure to take and end but looking forward to experience other moments at other places in this wonderful country I fell quickly asleep yesterday in the evening.
3 comments:
Da Ultimate Petrolette PowaaAAaa!
On l'a tous fait, sans encombres ni sushis majeurs, et ca restera un morceau d'anthlogie!
Bravo et Merci!
...Bikeriding-Andrea!
;-)
JM
I forgot to tell you before, but your bike is pretty sweet. I thought you'd just be riding around on a little scooter or moped, but oh yeah, I'm impressed.
Melissa
Yes Melissa, at the beginning I was a bit surprised, but little Andrea is a big girl to drive such a bike! And if you look at the roads, you can imagine how happy we were to have a big one on this kind of roads!
Post a Comment